Ministers or their nominees representing the 12 snow leopard range countries, senior government officials (GSLEP national focal points), technical experts and representatives from partner organizations will come together in Issyk-Kul Province, Kyrgyzstan, this month to hold the 3rd GSLEP Steering Committee Meeting, reviewing and guide various elements of management and implementation of the Global Snow Leopard and Ecosystem Protection Program (GSLEP).
The following issues will be discussed during the meeting:
- Updates about the action plans for implementation of the Bishkek Declaration 2017;
- Development of a regional project for funding under GEF-7, with UNDP’s role as the implementing Agency and co-lead by other key partners;
- Population Assessment of World’s Snow Leopards;
- Database for monitoring poaching and illegal wildlife trade in snow leopard and related wildlife;
The 3rd Steering Committee Meeting is hosted by the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic, and co-organized by:
- Global Snow Leopard and Ecosystem Protection Program (GSLEP) Secretariat
- United Nations Development Program
- Snow Leopard Trust
- Global Environment Facility
- Kapriz Issyk Kul Resort, Kyrgyz Republic
- June 14-15 2018
Click here for more details about the meeting logistics, travel, venue, etc.